stats

AdRush: crash game ad serve

Redbubble Carousel

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

vintage playing cards with antique guns

these vintage cards i got a long time ago...from the flea market open on sundays between clark and main st skytrain station- across from home depot...a picture would be good..lots of old usable stuff- like iron on felt letters? gosh a whole box all letters 4 sizes for 25$.... i digress. i think i have too much respect for tradition or something... i felt terrible cutting little slits into these beautiful cards, knowing that the full deck would be no more. drama ey? i think they are from the 50's coz of the font on the joker card? but im not sure at all. they are old.

lets see what happens today...i might ? cross fingos have some nice vintage obi to play with...i hope they are nice....will see later after 6.


simes and i absolutely needed these strange plastic cards some time ago and now i think i will use them somehow.
each card has with a sticker of plants, or scrolls... the strange and cool part is the cover box has a pic of napoleon ? on it with asian characters and the strips of sticker that kept the box closed was fred flinstone!~


edit on april 2!
this very cool informative comment:
Anonymous said...
FYI, the cards are for a Japanese card game called Hanafuda. I use to play with my brother when it was too hot to play outside. It's actually an adult game that I recall. I think my mom gambled with her friends while playing a card game with them. It's been nearly 40 years since I played so I can't say for sure if they're for gambling...

and yeah! i got a pic of the flea market! haha hung out with my neighbor from across the hall for the first time (the other side of the building is view massive) went to the apartment hes got a knitting machine! its from south africa- it has 'new needles' in a sleaed envelope from the 50's-60's its insane! oh yeah AND hes a hair colorist/stylist - were trading hair for curtains! too many exclamation points for this one. he dyed my hair. its the bomb darker with violet undertones yess but it just looks darker.
on to the pics!
the view-you can see the flea market in the center of the pic:

the knitting machine:

the hair dye:

6 comments:

  1. ooooh emmie thanks for the link... never seen it, how cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes! lets go dressew soon :) you call me! been busy making stuff....im going to be in a store soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, the cards are for a Japanese card game called Hanafuda. I use to play with my brother when it was too hot to play outside. It's actually an adult game that I recall. I think my mom gambled with her friends while playing a card game with them. It's been nearly 40 years since I played so I can't say for sure if they're for gambling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you anonymous commenter- thats so cool...
    i wonder if you see this could you let us in on how to play/what is the purpose of the game? im super curious '-'
    40 years! but this game is still played now i guess these cards seem newish?? gosh im so interested....

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment let me get back to you in sec because i might not know how to read your comment if its on an older post